Memory leak

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
motorcitymadman

Memory leak

Post by motorcitymadman »

I start Firefox and the memory slowly works up over 2200 GB and all the CPU being used is by firefox. CPU bounces between 3 to 23 %. Then it bog down to crawl of just crash.I have started it in Safe mode and it has been running for watching Infowars stream for about 25 min and the memory is at 2119 MB its using 3- 10% of CPU. V 52.0.1 (32-bit) Windows 10 OS
DanRaisch

Re: Memory leak

Post by DanRaisch »

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
therube

Post by therube »

about:crashes, the last few related crash report URLs?

I would guess the you're hitting OOM (out of memory) related issues.
And if that's the case, & in particular as you're using > 2GB RAM, you're probably better off using the x64 version of FF.

(A 32-bit process can theoretically use ~4GB RAM, but plenty of other things play into the picture so anytime you're around the 2GB mark [& that number, or range, can vary depending on your system] you've got to ask yourself, just how much longer have I got [to go, before I crash ;-)].)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

motorcitymadman wrote:I start Firefox and the memory slowly works up over 2200 GB and all the CPU being used is by firefox. CPU bounces between 3 to 23 %. Then it bog down to crawl of just crash.I have started it in Safe mode and it has been running for watching Infowars stream for about 25 min and the memory is at 2119 MB its using 3- 10% of CPU. V 52.0.1 (32-bit) Windows 10 OS
Just to clarify... and I think that I read that you restarted Firefox in safe-mode :?: ... not your PC... just checking to make sure. ... and if so... then your extensions would have been disabled... Plus some other stuff....

...also, what happens if you create a test profile and use it as-is for testing that Infowars?
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

...and, what AV software do you use?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!