Solved: No Flash Plugin in FF 52

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
leegold

Solved: No Flash Plugin in FF 52

Post by leegold »

Hi,

Using FF 52.0.2 (32-bit) on Win10.

The Flash Plugin does not show in the Plugin list. I tried reinstalling Flash latest version from Adobe, no luck. I know there have been some changes about plugins in FF 52. But, I need to use Flash. Is there a fix?

I thought the Flash plugin will still work(?)

Thanks.
Last edited by leegold on April 10th, 2017, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: No Flash Plugin in FF 52

Post by therube »

On this page, https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... ndows.html, download Flash from the link, "Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI", save it, run it.

(Note that there are different versions of Flash, & for Flash to work in FF, you need the "FF" version.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Run the Uninstaller first .. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ninstaller
@After Downloading Flash, close Firefox while installing.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
leegold

Post by leegold »

Hi,

Tried all that was suggested. Still no flash plugin. Any thing else I can try?
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

leegold wrote:Hi,

Tried all that was suggested. Still no flash plugin. Any thing else I can try?
If you click on the Gear in Win10 on the left side to open 'Settings' - then click on System->Apps & Features - do you see Adobe Flash Player 25 NPAPI right at the top, or near top of the Apps List ?
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

I assume you've already downloaded the FP uninstaller that mighyglydd provided the link to so use this link to download the manual installation file. This is not the same as downloading it from the usual get.adobe.com/flashplayer site which combines the uninstaller/installer/removal tool in one package,

Next, close Firefox and then run the uninstaller to remove all traces of Flash Player from your system. When that finishes, run the manual installation file to install version 25.0.0.127

Finally, restart Firefox, hit CTRL+SHIFT+A and confirm that the plugin has been installed.
leegold

Post by leegold »

OK, I'll try again. I also noted that this is ESR. Plugins are supposed to stioll work in ESR Firiefox I read.

I installed PaleMoon and all plugins show there....
leegold

Post by leegold »

http fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Is not working on my system.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on April 10th, 2017, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Killed the live link/s.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

palemoon -> wrong forum
52 esr - supports all current npapi plugins - was communicated many times here - not supposed for regular users but if you like...

installer - error message?
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

leegold wrote:http fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Is not working on my system.
Are you saying that the file won't download, or that is does download, but nothing happens when you try to run it?
leegold

Post by leegold »

I tried uninstalling Flash and then reinstalling w/the files suggested. But no flash plugin.

Just to say again:

52.0.2 esr 32bit. My OS is Win10 64bit.

Also:

The Flash plugin shows up OK in PaleMoon browser - a fork(?) of FF that I have installed.

Other plugins appear in FF but as I said not Flash. OpenH264 and WideVine which seem to be installed by default are there.

Would doing anything on this page to FF be a cause of the problem? I did some of the modifications suggested, I'm thinking of things Step 3: further down the page. here's the page:

https://vikingvpn.com/cybersecurity-wik ... d-security

OK, thanks. I guess I could wipe FF completely and reinstall as a last resort...
James

Post by James »

Make sure Firefox is completely closed when you uninstall and install the NPAPI Flash Player. You also so try typing about:plugins in the Location (address) bar on Fx to scan for Plugins on your system.

You can also see if the Flash Player Plugin loads in Fx on this test page at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It is also possible you have some Extensions that can affect whether the Flash Player loads on page or not.
therube

Post by therube »

Other plugins appear in FF but as I said not Flash. OpenH264 and WideVine which seem to be installed by default are there.
Where are you seeing this?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
leegold

Post by leegold »

therube wrote:
Where are you seeing this?
menu>Tools>addons>plugins

I'll try deleting some extensions, if that doesn't work...then

I'll try a delete my profile, and reinstall.

Thanks for help.
leegold

Re: Solved: No Flash Plugin in FF 52

Post by leegold »

My fault...

I Set "plugin.scan.plid.all" to FALSE a few days ago, that was the problem.

Set it to TRUE and it's fixed.