[Solved] Cookies problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dfoulkes

Re: Cookies problem

Post by dfoulkes »

1st... you are not 'dumbness' :wink: ...

In that new profile... check Tools/Options/Privacy ...where it displays Firefox will... what do you have there.... and if that profile is as it was created it should display that Firefox will remember history... that in includes cookies... which is where the login data for this site resides... if you close out Firefox, re-open it, try to log in the Forum and it asks you again for that data... something is clearing out cookies when it should not be doing so.

If that is happening... I suggest as a test... stop CCleaner, do the Firefox testing and if the problem goes away then even though you have that App. set to not mess with Firefox... either it is messing with it or something else is... know what I mean?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
sajjansinghania

Re: Cookies problem

Post by sajjansinghania »

Sir,
I followed your instructions with care and after the tests you suggested, I found my problem was solved.
So I uninstalled FF completely and installed a fresh copy. Then I added required each add on slowly ensuring it does not mess with my cookies. Then I imported passwords and Bookmarks.
Everything seems to be OK Sir.
There is no need to experiment with my CCleaner.
With tons of thanks I am so happy now Sir.
Good luck to you Sir.
dfoulkes

Re: [Solved] Cookies problem

Post by dfoulkes »

Glad you got this issue resolved... I had posted this link..
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Opening_a_new ... er_profile
...in a prior post ... but it seems that you kind-of went the hard way in creating that new profile...

Keeping your old profile and then having that new one run at the same time makes it much easier to set that new one up because you can have both running and switch back and forth ... getting settings and all the other stuff from the old one and then making those changes in the new one.... that is just a FYI for you... in the future.... there is also this doc. ...
Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!