No taskbar with a maximized Firefox screen?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

No taskbar with a maximized Firefox screen?

Post by Flycaster »

I have a whole mess of program icons on my taskbar, and the taskbar is set to be hidden until I bring the cursor down to the bottom of the monitor screen, at which time the taskbar would appear. During normal interface functioning (until a few moments ago) of Firefox, FF would appear maximized and if I wanted to go to another program, I'd place the cursor at the bottom of the screen. However, this functionality has stopped for when FF is maximized, but does work if I slightly minimize FF and show a little bit of the desktop screen. I have tested other programs when maximized, and things still are working properly (ie, taskbar hidden until cursor hovered at bottom of screen.) Although I have not made any changes, I believe this to be a FF interface problem???
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
Flycaster

Re: No taskbar with a maximized Firefox screen?

Post by Flycaster »

Somehow (I know I didn't do it) FF must have been stuck in full screen mode as when I did F11, the taskbar came back.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Taskbar behavior still a problem! It will reappear when F11 pressed, however it will when not appear again with cursor hovering until I do F11 again. The is an intermittent problem. I have not had any recent updates, nor any recent addons to FF. The only new event on the PC is the I have added Kodi 17.1 and have been testing it out. Furthermore, I have now een also noticing that when viewing one tabs screen, occasionally the screen will jumped to another tabs screen without any input from me???

EDIT: I think I have solved the funky taskbar problem. I went into about:config, typed autohide in the filter, and changed "browser.fullscreen.autohide" from "false" to "true." Now, I know that auto hide must have been originally set to "true" as it has been working for a long time, but somehow it was reset to "false"???

EDIT 2: Not solved! Although the taskbar will show with cursor hover, it will not show all the time and then F11 works for a while, but must be done again to bring back the taskbar??? This is becoming a real PITA.

EDIT 3: I give up. This intermittent problem still exists. Therefore, until someone comes up with a solution, I will just have to give up some screen space, and keep the taskbar open all the time...

EDIT 3: Just had a major update on Windows 10 and taskbar autohide no appears to be working...at least for now
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Posted on Windows 10 forum (https://www.tenforums.com/general-suppo ... ction.html) as it appears that this problem is a W10 problem and not a FF problem.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Well, I guess the gremlins have gone elsewhere and my taskbar is now responding properly: Hides until cursor is moved to bottom of screen. Haven't done anything new.