Tabs are switching without being commanded to do so?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Tabs are switching without being commanded to do so?

Post by Flycaster »

Been having a problem with taskbar autohide (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3029242). Originally thought it was a Firefox problem, probably more likely a Windows 10 problem. However, at about the same time as the autohide problem appeared, this problem now appeared: At any one time, I may have 10-14 tabs (using TabMixPlus) open. Without issuing any commands, while working in one tab's screen, another tab will automatically open and switch to its screen. Right now, for example, I'm on my 10th tab while writing this post, and the screen has twice switched to the last tab (https://openload.co/pair). Don't have to necessarily have to be using the keyboard at the time of switching. Also not sure if the switch is always to the last tab, though, but it just switched again to the last tab. In fact, it has switched 3 times while I was doing a search before sending this post.

I have deleted the last tab that kept opening (https://openload.co/pair) to see if the tab switching stops. And, it has for the last 10 minutes. I have now put the tab/url in question as next to last, and so far no switching; figuring if this site was causing a problem, this approach might ID the culprit. So far no switching after 5 minutes. Now placing the tab at he end of the tabs; and again, after 10 minutes, no switching. So, I'm not really sure about Openload's roll in this issue, but since I have deleted and re-opened Openload, there has been no switching??? Nonetheless, I certainly will appreciate any comments/suggestions.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
Brummelchen

Re: Tabs are switching without being commanded to do so?

Post by Brummelchen »

if you have not opened a tab with openload it is caused by ads from another open tab/web site, or adware - either from system or within some firefox extension, yes that is possible.

AdwCleaner AdwCleaner Download
Insert [Report] here, then [Cleanup]
therube

Post by therube »

You might try, at least temporarily...

The Pref, dom.popup_allowed_events, blank out all its values.

Note that doing so may break some sites.
Or you could try only allowing some actions, like perhaps; click & submit.

You can always get the Pref back to its defaults by doing a (right-click) reset on it.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Brummelchen wrote:if you have not opened a tab with openload it is caused by ads from another open tab/web site, or adware - either from system or within some firefox extension, yes that is possible.

AdwCleaner AdwCleaner Download
Insert [Report] here, then [Cleanup]
I have run: Avast Pro, Adwcleaner, Malewarebytes and Spyware Blaster with all showing no infections.
eisneun

Post by eisneun »

tab mix plus has a tab slideshow option toggled by pressing F8. a notification will popup in the lower right corner when toggling. you can disable tab rotation by going to tools>tab mix plus options>menu>shortcuts.
at the bottom of the list is "Toggle tabs slideshow" click on F8 and a red X appears to disable slideshow toggling.
http://tabmixplus.org/support/viewtopic.php?t=3
How can ace be one and eleven? Huh?
What kind of god would allow that?
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Haven't done anything new, but the automatic tab switching appears to have stopped on its own.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Maybe it was a TMP issue and a TMP update has fixed this ??
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

dickvl wrote:Maybe it was a TMP issue and a TMP update has fixed this ??
Could be?