Request for Master Password keeps appearing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Shawra

Request for Master Password keeps appearing

Post by Shawra »

Hi,
My System is Desk top PC with Windows 10 Home 64bit, 1607 Build & Kaspersky 2017 Internet Security installed.

I've had Windows 10 reinstalled as I contracted ransomwear when on Facebook and have Firefox synched with laptop & notebook. All scans from Kaspersky and Malaware Bytes are clean

When I log on to Desktop PC or open Firefox I'm being asked for the Firefox Master Password when it only used to request this when I was opening a password protected tab. Being paranoid after having been hit I now fill in the Master Password with Kaspersky's onscreen keyboard in case of keyloggers.

Is it because I have Firefox sync on that I'm being asked for the password or could I still have ransomwear hidden. I've looked at Systernels Process Explorer with Virus Total.com embedded and there doesn't seem to be anything hoggng my CPU or any viruses so can anyone help with an explanation for the password requests and should I be worried ?
Reflective

Re: Request for Master Password keeps appearing

Post by Reflective »

dickvl

Re: Request for Master Password keeps appearing

Post by dickvl »

Sync uses the Password Manager to store its credentials, so you will have to enter the MP when you start Firefox to be able to connect to Sync.
This will even happen when you disable the Password Manager (no tick on Remember; signon.rememberSignons = false).