Avast Online Security Add On & FF 53.0 not playing nice

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SubMariner

Avast Online Security Add On & FF 53.0 not playing nice

Post by SubMariner »

I have the most recent version of Avast Internet Security (build 17.3.2291). Never had any problems with the FF add on until this build (53.0). Suddenly now when I open my browser to my homepage, the little icon indicating Automatic Blocking of Trackers is greyed out -- meaning this feature has been disabled. I have to click on the link in the message enabling this feature, then I go into more settings via the link in the pop up msg. Everything seems ok, but I click "save" to ensure that all the features are enabled just in case. I then closed the "more settings" dialogue screen & go back to my life.

However, the next time I open the browser, I'm back to the Automatic Blocking of Tracker icon being greyed out & it being disabled.

Is this a known issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LIMPET235

Re: Avast Online Security Add On & FF 53.0 not playing nice

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I'd be asking at the AVAST forum, as the latest update seems to have caused a few probs.
> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Avira has also issues - als usual all antivirus extension fail in firefox again - for paid programs absolutely NO GO. i have dropped this crap for reason and there are lot of discussions nowerdays about that pain. at least you are using windows 10 you should stick with windows defender and uninstall all 3rd-party crap - trust those voices!
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Disable your AV tracking blocker and install the Privacy Badger extension instead: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 17/?src=ss

It will also become a WebExtension later and will continue to work when FF 57 is released.