Web IDE accidentially activated

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tnks2hp

Web IDE accidentially activated

Post by tnks2hp »

Hi

I've enabled Web IDE by accdent. I don't know which key I had pressed to enable it. I need to know how I can disable or even remove the developer tools from the Tools menu.

Much appreciated :-k
DanRaisch

Re: Web IDE accidentially activated

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

According to the WebIDE support page there's a "Disconnect" button on the UI.

If that doesn't disable it click the Firefox button and then click Web Developer and see if WebIDE is checkmarked. If it is click it once which should disable it. You can also hit Shift+F8.
tnks2hp

Post by tnks2hp »

Thanks for the information. The WebIDE does have a disconnect option, but it's grayed out. Would you tell me how I can display the Firefox button?

Thank you very much
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can't remove or disable the built-in developer tools that you find in the Tools menu AFAIK.
You would normally open the WebIDE interface via its Shift+F8 shortcut key as shown in the "Tools -> Web Developer" drop-down list.
There are some developer toolbox settings (gear icon in the Inspector or any other of the tools), but these apply only to the toolbox and not to the menu.
https://developer.mozilla.org/Tools/Too ... x#Settings
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

If you do not want WebIDE you can remove it entirely as it should show under /tools/addons/extensions.
It should also show if typing about:support in the nav text entry.
There may also be an accompanying extension- - Valence which can also be removed.
HOWEVER, both these extensions leave a number of items enabled in about:config which are not removed.
Typing either "webIDE" or "valence" you should be able to find the items.
Many are true false toggles along with urls and local local system addresses which can be blanked.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

tnks2hp wrote:Thanks for the information. The WebIDE does have a disconnect option, but it's grayed out. Would you tell me how I can display the Firefox button?

Thank you very much
It looks like Mozilla has removed the FF button for some unknown reason. You can get it back though by installing Classic Theme Restorer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search You'll see it in the menu described as "Firefox button".