Is there a property that changes an icon fill color

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JackPollack

Is there a property that changes an icon fill color

Post by JackPollack »

I want to assign a filled in dark star icon to one of my buttons.
When I point the button icon to

Code: Select all

image: url("chrome://browser/skin/Toolbar.png") !important;
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 162px, 18px, 144px);}
it is giving me a BLUE filled in star like the bookmark even though the Toolbar.png resource appears to be black (the icon is black when it is in the menu hamburger).

Is there a property of a style that sets the icon fill color or a black version of the filled star in another resource?

Thanks
Frank Lion

Re: Is there a property that changes an icon fill color

Post by Frank Lion »

JackPollack wrote:I want to assign a filled in dark star icon to one of my buttons.
When I point the button icon to

Code: Select all

image: url("chrome://browser/skin/Toolbar.png") !important;
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 162px, 18px, 144px);}
it is giving me a BLUE filled in star like the bookmark even though the Toolbar.png resource appears to be black (the icon is black when it is in the menu hamburger).

Is there a property of a style that sets the icon fill color or a black version of the filled star in another resource?

Thanks
You want menuPanel.png, but those are 32x32's in there. You can use transform: scale to resize them though.

You could keep what you've got and put a SVG filter on it, like this - filter: saturate(30%) !important; or greyscale it, with this - filter: grayscale(50%) !important; then just change % figures to suit.

To darken to black (which I can do) is outside the remit of the stock filters and needs special coding for.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
dickvl

Re: Is there a property that changes an icon fill color

Post by dickvl »

I you want to experiment with filters, see:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... SS_filters
(you can open the image in a tab to be able to use the Inspector)