Bitdefender TrafficLight

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
alpine5536

Bitdefender TrafficLight

Post by alpine5536 »

After updating to Ver. 53, I noticed that when doing a Google search, that TrafficLight is no longer marking the search results with the green safe site icon. Is anyone else seeing this or is TrafficLight having problems. Their support has not replied back to my inquiry. Thanks
Reflective

Re: Bitdefender TrafficLight

Post by Reflective »

Create a new temporary profile to test whether that fixes the problem. If it does, then your current profile is corrupt and is affecting the way your extensions behave. Instructions on how to create a new profile here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Is it really e10 compatible?.. Mozilla says it is ??
Hasn't been updated for over a year.
FWIW: https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php ... n-firefox/
Last time I tried it, with e10's disabled, 99.9% of sites were 'green' .. including known dodgy ones. :-k

Edit: Just installed it with 54 beta, e10's enabled, and no search result 'buttons' appear'.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
alpine5536

Post by alpine5536 »

I don't think it's my profile. It started not showing icons right after updating and it's that way on 2 different computers, 1 Win 10 and the other Win 7. Also not showing in Chrome browser on either computer. I'm beginning to think that it's a Bitdefender problem on their end. I'll give it a while to straighten out, and if not, I'll just uninstall it. It's not much good the way it's doing now. WOT has gone downhill and now TrafficLight. Any more decent alternatives out there ?

Update: I have Norton and I just enabled the Safe Web option and it does the same thing as TrafficLight. Firefox takes about 5 seconds longer to load, but search results are listed with an icon according to safety. I'll give this a try for awhile and see how it works out.