Firefox fails with Flash

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Guest11943775

Re: Firefox fails with Flash

Post by Guest11943775 »

mightyglydd wrote:Er are you a complete *****? ](*,)
What are those three links at the bottom of the page linked ???........the ones right in front of your nose^^^^ Fairy Dust?
They are the DIRECT Adobe Flash DOWNLOAD links,.. the ones that many of us around here use to update Flash.
It looks like you're having trouble understanding what an API is. Those options merely indicate the different APIs used to run code on their respective browsers through flash. As I've stated before, each browser handles certain plugins differently.

Unfortunately, knowing how to make a google search doesn't make you an expert. Also, why do you keep typing "Er"? Your brain can't handle facts or something? I hope you get some help with that!
Guest11943775

Post by Guest11943775 »

Apparently, I'm the one who is trolling but you're the one on a Sunday night posting "get out troll" memes on a support thread (your life I guess?). Additionally, you haven't even given any support related to the errors I've been receiving - only childish and nonsensical replies. Thanks!
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

from crash-rep
>> TextInputFramework.dll

i just answered similar question here where flash is crashing same way - it seems to be win10 problem
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
Guest11943775

Post by Guest11943775 »

Brummelchen wrote:from crash-rep
>> TextInputFramework.dll

i just answered similar question here where flash is crashing same way - it seems to be win10 problem
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Its good to know that at least someone around here knows what a support forum is.
I'll try and ask around some Windows 10 forums and see if I can get some answers. I knew this must have been some severely ambiguous error without much hope of it getting resolved (which probably explains why I got so much backlash from the peanut gallery) but I'll keep on it.

Thanks again!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi there Guest11943775,

Would you please refrain from all the un-necessary remarks/comments re; the forum members.
Ta muchly...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Guest11943775

Post by Guest11943775 »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi there Guest11943775,

Would you please refrain from all the un-necessary remarks/comments re; the forum members.
Ta muchly...
Well, you might want to consider how I've been treated so far. I've only had 2 posts in this thread that actually provide me with information relating to the error I've been experiencing. I've repeated multiple times to other users that I'm not interested in a debate of Chrome vs Firefox or how Flash works. I've had to go to the point of explaining the difference between Flash and a browser API for people who cant tell the difference.

Are you seriously going to point me out when mightyglydd only comes on this thread to troll and not even post anything related to support or my crash?
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Guest11943775 wrote:mightyglydd only comes on this thread to troll and not even post anything related to support or my crash?
Since when was posting FACTS trolling! ?

Once again.. get it through your thick head..
Guest11943775 wrote:This why you don't see "Flash download for Chrome users", "Flash download for Firefox users", "Flash download load for >insert browser name here<"
Er, actually you do..

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.h ... 20problems

@The THIRD post on this thread gave you ample Win 10 related information which you convienently chose to ignore..
Last edited by mightyglydd on May 1st, 2017, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Guest11943775

Post by Guest11943775 »

mightyglydd wrote:
Guest11943775 wrote:mightyglydd only comes on this thread to troll and not even post anything related to support or my crash?
Since when was posting FACTS trolling! ?

Once again.. get it through your thick head..
Guest11943775 wrote:This why you don't see "Flash download for Chrome users", "Flash download for Firefox users", "Flash download load for >insert browser name here<"
Er, actually you do..

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.h ... 20problems

Once again, you completely missed the point of what I was even pointing out in that quote. You keep providing a link to a page that gives flash downloads that are applicable toward different browsers. Those are the same flash for different browser APIs. Different browsers handle the same version of flash differently, how is that hard to understand?

Now that you continue to try and harass me over this issue I'm going to be flagging your posts as unrelated to this thread.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

&, then there's also tid bit from the Adobe site...
> https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1054736

AFAICS, Mightyglydd was just posting relevant links to show the various versions of Flash used in the different browsers.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

LIMPET235 wrote:&, then there's also tid bit from the Adobe site...
> https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1054736

AFAICS, Mightyglydd was just posting relevant links to show the various versions of Flash used in the different browsers.
Versions which are NOT the same...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Knock it off, both of you. Any more back and forth nonsense will also be split to Locked as off topic.
Guest11943775

Post by Guest11943775 »

DanRaisch wrote:Knock it off, both of you. Any more back and forth nonsense will also be split to Locked as off topic.
I agree. If someone has a personal problem that they can't get past then they are welcome to send me a PM about it. I don't think its fair to the people who are here trying to get help as this is a support forum not the Youtube comment section. I hope this thread will be heavily moderated in the future to keep threads on track so people can get the help they need.

The only other information I have related to the flash crash that I'm getting is found within the crash report. If someone can explain the purpose of TextInputFramework.dll it would go a long way. I understand this isn't a Windows 10 forum so this might go out of the scope of anything relating to Firefox. Its possible that a function from the .dll is being called when the .dll has become unloaded resulting in a crash.

As far as "module Singleton", I am familiar with the Singleton design pattern that I used in a compute science course a long time ago. I think its the same application to what Brummelchen mentioned. From what I remember, (as an unrelated example) its akin to the Windows PrinterSpooler. Code is implemented to prevent multiple instances of a thread from being created so that it doesn't result in disaster. I don't see how this is related to TextInputFramework.

Perhaps either my Windows installation is corrupted or core windows updates are missing.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's more and more obvious that the OP is less interested in solving any issues than in "debating." Locking this as anything further will likely be more of the same.