Never seen this before!!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
janlafata

Never seen this before!!!

Post by janlafata »

Nothing big going on with my computer, though I did get hit with a huge virus attack a few weeks ago. But this problem took place before that happened. Basically, when I go to any site that I need to upload any type of file to, the Upload button is greyed out and I can't upload to Firefox to any site I've tried so far. What makes this quirk interesting is that I still am able to upload the same files, or anything, for that matter on Chrome or IE
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Never seen this before!!!

Post by malliz »

Can you upload in Firefox safe mode?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Create a new test profile to see if that makes any difference. If a new profile works it means your current one is corrupt. Instructions on how to create a new profile here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
janlafata

Post by janlafata »

I think I'll just re-do my profile. That has usually worked best in the past. Could you refresh my memory on how to do that. Also, I'm assuming it's best to write down on paper the names of all of the add-ons, as they will be wiped out upon after a new profile, Correct?
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

janlafata wrote:I think I'll just re-do my profile. That has usually worked best in the past. Could you refresh my memory on how to do that. Also, I'm assuming it's best to write down on paper the names of all of the add-ons, as they will be wiped out upon after a new profile, Correct?
If you have sync enabled all your extensions will be automatically downloaded again once you sign in, but even so I usually take a screenshot of my extensions page just to be sure.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
janlafata

Post by janlafata »

I have to embarrassingly admit...I've actually never seen that Sync function before, (What can I say. I dropped out of Firefox School),
but I can see now how useful it will be. Thanks for your assistance