Favicons Again; Tab Opening

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fxfan313

Favicons Again; Tab Opening

Post by fxfan313 »

Had a FF upgrade go awry last night and had to rebuild a lot of preferences. I'm left with two questions:

1. Some, but not all, of my favicons on the Bookmarks Toolbar are visible, but several show only a generic icon (a silver circle of sorts). I've cleared my cache and restarted, and checked certain preferences, which was the solution the last time this happened. Anything else I should try?

2. I'm a happy user of Tab Mix Plus. Before this crash, I was able to click on any link and have it open in a separate tab and I would be directed to it automatically. Now, I can get the tab to open where I want it, but I am no longer directed to it. Is there a setting somewhere -- in TMP or somewhere else -- that will take me to the just-opened tab automatically? I've asked at the TMP forum as well. Thanks.

Edit: I figured out the tab-focus thing. Now about those favicons....
fxfan313

Re: Favicons Again; Tab Opening

Post by fxfan313 »

This seems to be a "find the solution after posting" day. I've discovered that if I open a link by right-clicking it from the Bookmarks Toolbar, it "refreshes" somehow and the favicon reappears. So, dear Firefox Forum, you can count this as a win. Thanks. Going back to my corner now,