Strange firefox crash

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cuxulomu

Strange firefox crash

Post by cuxulomu »

Hello community.
Usually i have a lot of firefox tabs opened and my browser is crashing pretty often.
Today this happened again, but it was in a strange way. Usually it is not responding for some second then crash and then on windows with firefox trouble reports or logs i press restart.
But today it was in other way. Browser was not responding than i got crash and the command prompt (cmd) appear and shows and execute a lot of lines and then close and after that i got firefox troubleshooting window. Soo my question is why cmd appears ? It is normal for firefox to open cmd or might i caught a virus o something ?
DanRaisch

Re: Strange firefox crash

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Create a temporary new profile to test whether that fixes the problem: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows

It's been my own experience over the years that Firefox gets corrupted after 3 or 4 months of use. Creating a new profile usually solves the problem.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Been using this profile since 2008 with no crashes... seems to always run perfectly.... maybe I'm just not a heavy user?...but even with 30 extensions it still keeps on ticking.

Anyway, to the OP... you might also think about typing about:crashes into your location bar/Enter... then copy/paste the two latest crashes to here... copy/paste the links only though.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

about:crashes
The last few crash report URLs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Said that above :-"
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!