Print of webpages missing large portions of the page?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Norm@Home

Print of webpages missing large portions of the page?

Post by Norm@Home »

I've noticed within the last few versions of FireFox that when I print web pages large portions of text of those pages are missing plus only about half the pictures print.

My printer is an HP 4500 G510n-z, I've looked at the various generic "Fix printing problems" on FireFox's web site and I've tried all the steps outlined and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any idea's? Any way to get a more accurate print out of web pages?

Thanks!
Reflective

Re: Print of webpages missing large portions of the page?

Post by Reflective »

See if you can resolve it using the dropdown troubleshooting menu for your printer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP ... el/3986394

Other than that, use the File ---> Print Preview option and make sure "Shrink to fit" is selected for "Portrait" mode. Alternatively select "Landscape" mode to print the page horizontally. If you can't see the menu options at the top of the page in Firefox hit the ALT key.
Norm@Home

Post by Norm@Home »

I'll take a look but everything except some web pages print fine; one of the suggestions on the generic Mozilla "Fix printing problems" was "Make sure shrink to fit" is checked and it didn't seem to make a difference. I didn't try switching to landscape but I'll give that a try and let you know.

Btw the HP trouble shooting menu really doesn't cover "Some web pages print missing large portions of text and some pictures but everything else besides web pages and some simple web pages prints fine".
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

As a test copy some of the text in question to a simple text editor and see if it prints.
It could be the site is blocking portions.
Another possibility is the amount of text in question exceeding the memory of the printer or a remote access attempt to the printer causing the issue.
If you use /File/Save As/Web page complete does it all print?
Some sites load pages from various servers, not just one, and it could be those servers are having the issue.
Be careful of these sites where the printing is an issue as saving the web page complete may pass unwanted data to your system or transfer private data to the site.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Norm@Home wrote:I'll take a look but everything except some web pages print fine; one of the suggestions on the generic Mozilla "Fix printing problems" was "Make sure shrink to fit" is checked and it didn't seem to make a difference. I didn't try switching to landscape but I'll give that a try and let you know.

Btw the HP trouble shooting menu really doesn't cover "Some web pages print missing large portions of text and some pictures but everything else besides web pages and some simple web pages prints fine".
What about this solution taken from the link I gave you. Didn't any of the many solutions available achieve anything?

Did you try these options as well?

I didn't look at all the troubleshooting articles in the submenu so you might find a solution in one of those if the above don't work.