Re: Flash down to a crawl

Post by mightyglydd »

LoveMyFoxy wrote: But FF won't play Flash without the plugin
Right, I meant Flash related Extensions
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Moz has dumped all the other plugins. Time to dump Flash. Does any other open-source company have so little regard for their users? (Meant rhetorically.)

Actually, about 5 years ago there was another plugin that played Flash content...sometimes.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

This has gotten worse. I'm getting double soundtracks in Youtube but only 1 picture, pic then stops, then FF locks up, can't close it in Task Manager, then the entire computer locks up. Do you think I should join the Adobe Flash forum (something like my 25th forum, sigh,) or do you think it's FF?
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi LMFxy,
Which extensions are you running?
Have you read "our" KB article?
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Hi LoveMyFoxy,

This must be so frustrating for you !
Did you ever get a chance to check out the link I gave you in my first post :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wa ... ive-script

Joining 25 forums ? Wouldn't you rather narrow that down to this forum (MozillaZine) and then maybe Mozilla's support forum :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ge ... ty-support

I sure hope you will get this problem solved soon - fingers crossed, and : Good Luck !
therube

Post by therube »

I'm getting double soundtracks in Youtube but only 1 picture, pic then stops, then FF locks up, can't close it in Task Manager, then the entire computer locks up. Do you think I should join the Adobe Flash forum (something like my 25th forum, sigh,) or do you think it's FF?
By default, Flash should not even be used at Youtube.
So if you are in fact using Flash at Youtube, you did something to force its use.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Happy112 wrote:Hi LoveMyFoxy,

This must be so frustrating for you !
Did you ever get a chance to check out the link I gave you in my first post :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wa ... ive-script

Joining 25 forums ? Wouldn't you rather narrow that down to this forum (MozillaZine) and then maybe Mozilla's support forum :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ge ... ty-support

I sure hope you will get this problem solved soon - fingers crossed, and : Good Luck !

Yes, I checked out the KB article.

The 25 forums are not for Mozilla, but for other software, electronics, home repair, etc. Wherever I have a problem area, I join a forum to get answers.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Hmm, (with Flash installed) did you ever create a New Test Profile with no Extensions added?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

therube wrote:
I'm getting double soundtracks in Youtube but only 1 picture, pic then stops, then FF locks up, can't close it in Task Manager, then the entire computer locks up. Do you think I should join the Adobe Flash forum (something like my 25th forum, sigh,) or do you think it's FF?
By default, Flash should not even be used at Youtube.
So if you are in fact using Flash at Youtube, you did something to force its use.
When I moved my profile from XP to my new Win7 computer recently, I found that with my YT All HTML5 extension, I was getting sound but no picture. It's still happening. Temporarily I switched Flash back on, forgot about it, and then remembered, when Flash started acting crazy

OK, I'm in Safe-Mode now. Flash videos play with no add-ons except the plugin H264Video Codec by Cisco.
The game I'm using for testing--the page is there, and the name of the game, but the page is full of ads and links to a sleazy game site. (I guess this is what FF will look like after v. 56.).

I've forgotten how to list my extensions, but I can start testing by elimination.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

This might both interest and horrify all of you. On the Safe-Mode page in Moz's KB, the first thing they tell you to try, before testing extensions, is to refresh. Could be why we see so many refreshments (pardon the pun) in the forum. It reminds me of the time in the 90's, when, if you called MS for help, they told you first to restore your puter back to factory settings.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

The most important thing for me is that videos play on my pages for work, but I can't test them until one comes along.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Youtube problem solved. See above.

OK, tested my add-ons by elimination. Flash problem on other sites caused by neither an extension, nor a plug-in.
Can't see test here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I'm not going to read this whole topic... but I've 'always' removed all Flash using their tool... then I got my Flash from here... just saying...

See the 1. Download the uninstaller for Flash Player ... I just keep it laying around...
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... ninstaller

I get Flash from the bottom of this link...
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... ndows.html
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

(I'm confused, a bit... Anyhow...)

Safe Mode does not disable Flash.
Safe Mode will disable an extension that may be forcing Flash (say, on Youtube).
Safe Mode would not revert Preference settings that may disable certain types of video playback (say HTML5), in which case certain sites (say, on Youtube) in not finding said playback method available (say HTML5) might revert to some other method of displaying media (videos), like with Flash.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

mightyglydd wrote:Hmm, (with Flash installed) did you ever create a New Test Profile with no Extensions added?
Just now. Doesn't help.