Problem with Gmail in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jennahanson

Problem with Gmail in Firefox

Post by jennahanson »

I have had a problem Signing In to Gmail since the change of the Log-In page.
I type in my email address, click on Next, and nothing happens. ?? I looked it up and was able to Log In after doing a "Sign In Recovery". But if I have to restart my computer, I again am unable to sign in to Gmail. When on YouTube and trying to sign in there doesn't work either???

I tried deleting Cookies, etc... I tried everything I could think of. How can I fix this? Is there a way to go back to the old way of signing in? I never had a problem until the Sign In page changed.
DanRaisch

Re: Problem with Gmail in Firefox

Post by DanRaisch »

jennahanson wrote:I tried deleting Cookies, etc...
Did you clear all cookies referencing Gmail and Google?
Did you also clear the cache?
Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)
Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Firefox will "Use custom settings for History"->Show Cookies button).
Happy112

Re: Problem with Gmail in Firefox

Post by Happy112 »

Hi jennahanson !

If clearing cookies didn't help then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file in the profile folder that stores the cookies got corrupted.

Rename/remove cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and if present delete cookies.sqlite-shm and cookies.sqlite-wal in the Firefox profile folder in case cookies.sqlite got corrupted.

You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:

3-bar menu => at the bottom : Help => Troubleshooting Information => Profile Folder : Open Folder