Suddenly my connection is not secure

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mightyglydd

Re: Suddenly my connection is not secure

Post by mightyglydd »

Uh-huh, IME earning the respect of IT guys/gals bears fruit, screwing around behind their backs doesn't...It's not your computer. ;)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i already told you
AFAIR SEP is an enterprise solution thus you should ask your local admin.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Maybe that's the source of the problem?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3184660/ ... cates.html
Google says that an investigation into a recent incident indicates that Symantec has not upheld security practices expected of certificate authorities, such as validating domain control, auditing logs for evidence of unauthorized issuance, and minimizing the ability for the issuance of fraudulent certificates.

If Google’s plan is put into practice, millions of existing Symantec certificates will become untrusted over the next 12 months in Google Chrome. This will be a gradual process where every new Chrome release will distrust a new batch of certificates starting with Chrome 59, which will revoke trust in certificates that have a validity period of over 33 months.
Sorry for my poor English.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The usual way to proceed is to export the root certificate of your security software in a browser that works and import this certificate in the Firefox Certificate Manager under the Authorities tab.
Set the appropriate trust bit(s) when prompted.
emailaya

Post by emailaya »

@GHM113 - that can explain several things but not why it happens only with Firefox (they are talking there about Chrome) and only with Gmail (and not other Google sites)

@dickvl - export the root certificate of your security software in a browser that works: It works in IE, but I didn't understand how can I know which certificate to export. There are plenty there.

It's Monday so I'm waiting for the admin to call me...
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

The following fix worked for another user with the same problem: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1116116
emailaya

Post by emailaya »

It wasn't the AV, the IT guy imported the certificate from google.com, then exported it and imported it back to a different tab in the certificate window and it worked
Thank you all for the (moral) support :)