Account Login Names are too visible.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
eubean525

Account Login Names are too visible.

Post by eubean525 »

Hello,
I'm assuming this is a Firefox issue since it seems to be across the board when logging onto important accounts while in Firefox. I apologize if this is incorrect but I'm working with that information.

For several months, I've noticed that when I wish to login to a personal account's login page through Firefox, e.g. my bank account, mortgage account, Fidelity account, a scroll bar automatically drops, listing several options for my Login Name. Some are false options and won't work/automatically fill-in my password. But one always does. This means that, should anyone else attempt to login, all they have to do is click on the correct option in the scroll window. Then the password is automatically entered below.

Previously, if I opted to automatically save my password, I still had to type in my login name manually (which I still wish to do). Now, that scroll defeats that choice by giving any person a list of login names, one of which will work and add my password below it. Then, there in.

I hope this is clear. I wish I could add an attachment so you could see an example.

If you understand the issue, can you help? Or suggest whether or not it's a Mac system thing? I'm in OS Sierra v. 10.12.3 and Firefox 53.0.3
Thanks in advance for trying.

Alvin
DanRaisch

Re: Account Login Names are too visible.

Post by DanRaisch »

You could implement a Master Password so that anyone accessing your computer would have to enter a password when launching Firefox.

Also see this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Protect_the_profiles_contents
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

@euban525 :

I know exactly what you're talking about.
And as a matter of fact : I think you've got a point.
I turned this (fairly new) feature off myself, but (being lazybones) turned it back on again.
You can simply turn it off :

3-bar menu => Options => Security
Under 'Logins': UNcheck : 'Remember logins for sites'.

That's all.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Since you are on a Mac go to Preferences > Security > Logins > Remember Logins for sites and click on Exceptions. Enter the URL of the site(s) and the information will not be saved. That way some can be saved (non financial) and others (financial) not saved. I also use the Master PW feature.

You may have to go to the login page and use the arrow key to select each one then hit the delete key. I store ALL financial Username/PW in between my ears. There aren't that many.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6