Saved Passwords. [Mac.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
nicaha23

Saved Passwords. [Mac.]

Post by nicaha23 »

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but I use the same login information for hundreds of sites (for work) and I was wondering if there is a way to do a mass update of all passwords for a specific username? We have to change the password every 2 months and this would be very helpful. :)

So, I just thought I would check and see if it's possible. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Nicole
Last edited by LIMPET235 on June 14th, 2017, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Mac] to the title.
LIMPET235

Re: Saved Passwords

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Re: Saved Passwords. [Mac.]

Post by dfoulkes »

nicaha23 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but I use the same login information for hundreds of sites (for work) and I was wondering if there is a way to do a mass update of all passwords for a specific username? We have to change the password every 2 months and this would be very helpful. :)

So, I just thought I would check and see if it's possible. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Nicole
Are you talking about going 'into' each site and changing the info 'in' that site? ... if so, then that sounds like a 'no' to your question.... because the sites control that. Not sure if anything exists 'out there' on the Net ... like some type of tool... to do that.

...If you are asking if you can 'alter' the passwords within Firefox then there is an extension to help with that... it lets you edit password info...
Saved Password Editor :: Add-ons for Firefox
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

let me guess, its one of those here :D
https://dazzlepod.com/uniqpass/

the preview contains "only" 2 million passwords
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Maybe use the Password Exporter extension to export the passwords and edit this file and re-import the modified file.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... -exporter/