MozillaZine

Mouse wheel and Flash problems in Fx 54.0 (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fmyoen

Post Posted June 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm

I'm having mouse wheel problem on Ubuntu and FreeBSD. Also Flash game I'm playing performs 50% slower compared to FF 53 (30 FPS instead of 60 FPS).

fmyoen

Post Posted June 19th, 2017, 2:03 am

Hmmm... This message was originally posted to this topic, so it's a bit out of context being separated from it. I didn't run FF in safe mode, but I've tried it with majority of addons disabled (Adblock Plus, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.) My Adobe Flash version is 26.0 r0, video driver is nvidia-340 on both OSes, OS distributions are Ubuntu 14.04 and FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE both with all latest updates. The game I've mentioned is Transformice, you can run the client from their site without registration (type /ips in chat window to show FPS). I will provide you with any additional information about my configuration in case you need it.

Grumpus

Post Posted June 19th, 2017, 4:35 am

Can't help with the game but this Adobe Flash Link shows a slightly different version number.
Also see how Flash is listed in both the add-ons (enabled or always ask) and the relative file types in /edit/preferences/Applications.
Granted the packages from Linux are sometimes behind the version type but see what's in th the repos for both Linux and BSD.

James

Post Posted June 19th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Your problem is different and two you should not hijack a thread for help as you should start your own.

Return to Firefox Support