issues update with internal server (update.xml)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
david.delvaux

issues update with internal server (update.xml)

Post by david.delvaux »

Hi everybody,

We have made available in our company, firefox, since its 44th version (NO ESR) for the 32 and 64 bits computer.
We use an update system from an internal server, using an update.xml file. All the updates succed from 44 to 51. Since the 52, firefox refuses to update : the message from AUS (in the console) says: "skipping update because the update's application version is less Than the current application version ". But the installed version is a 51 and we want to install a 52 ...
We have the same problem with the 53 version to update it to 54.

For information we did the following tests:
- the update to the 52 works from version 44 and 46 but not from 51.
- The update to the 54 also works from one 44 and 46 but not from 53 or 51.
- when we trying to update them from the internet (and not from our servers) versions 51 and 53 can be updated ...
- We have tested on Windows 7 customized by my company computer and windows 10 native computer, we have the same message of refusal of update.

If you have an idea of ​​the nature of the problem, we would be delighted ...

Otherwise we would like to know how firefox determines if it needs to update (how does it compare both versions?)

thank you.
david.delvaux

Re: issues update with internal server (update.xml)

Post by david.delvaux »

I resolved the problem, it explains here : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=530872
In the file update.xml i had to replace version by displayVersion and extensionVersion by appVersion.
This topic can be cosed.