Restoring deleted history...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CuriousFox

Restoring deleted history...

Post by CuriousFox »

Okay guys, long time, so here's a quick and easy one for y'all! (Hopefully.) Going through history, deleted a full months worth, didn't want to, not sure how to get it back.

There's no restore function, I don't believe, for bringing a portion of the history back. So I imagine a potential solution to be in one of the user files yet, I don't know for sure!

So any hope would be great, and thanks in advance!
dickvl

Re: Restoring deleted history...

Post by dickvl »

You would need an older copy of places.sqlite to get back deleted history.

You can check in Windows Explorer if there is a previous version of the places.sqlite file available.
You can right-click the file in Windows Explorer: Properties -> Previous Versions

See also:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -questions
CuriousFox

Post by CuriousFox »

@dickvl - Hey, thanks for the information but sadly, too late for me! Not the end of the world, kinda annoying though.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Extreme possibility: Use a hex editor or a package like Directory Snoop.
For Windows, don't know if this has changed, only places a character in the front of deleted files, usually an "&" and . . .
. . . if you haven't re-organized your disc lately you may be able to find the old places.sqlite file.
This all depends on how you delete files but you may be able to copy the erased file to a folder, change the name and possibly find your previous history.
A dice throw at best depends on how important your history is.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you