Firefox for Android - passwords - sync with FF Desktop

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mrwul

Firefox for Android - passwords - sync with FF Desktop

Post by mrwul »

(Unsure whether this here is the right place to post)
-

I vainly spent an awful lot of time on trying to figure out a solution for the below.
It seems to me that it is a 'common' issue, but regretfully after all my searches I found no answers.
Maybe it simply isn't possible, I don't know... Hope anyone here can help/advise.

I use Firefox on my Windows 10 pc.
Have passwords enabled: both items under Options->Security -> Logins (Remember logins for sites/Use a master password) are tagged.

I use Firefox for Android on my tablet and have all matters synchronized with FF for Windows.
Okay so far.

Now, under Firefox for Windows there are quite a number of logins saved (forums)
However, Firefox for Android->Logins merely 3 items show up.
(accounts.firefox.com, accounts.google.com, login.live.com)

I would like to have Firefox for Android:
a. sync all forum login-id's and passwords from Firefox for Windows
b. autofills empty fields in case of matching URLs

So, practically, when I access this forum using Firefox for Android and click on 'Login' then Firefox should fill in the empty fields (same as a standalone password manager, like Dashlane, Roboform, etc)

Q: Is this possible?
If so, how am I to proceed to get it working?
If not, then I don't need to search any further.

Q: IF it is possible for Android, how safe are the passwords then?
(within FF for Windows, obviously the login credentials are password protected).

I know, the 'stand alone password-managers' they all have their Android versions and Android browser.
However, by no means the browsers of the Android password managers can be compared with the 'normal' browsers.

Thanks!

=
mrwul

Re: Firefox for Android - passwords - sync with FF Desktop

Post by mrwul »

bump
dfoulkes

Re: Firefox for Android - passwords - sync with FF Desktop

Post by dfoulkes »

Use a master password) are tagged.
I'm not 'up' on a lot of what you posted... I don't sync .... but since you use the Master PW function in Win10 Firefox 'maybe' that is causing an issue with not allowing syncing of pw's? ... just thinking.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!