Mozilla Firefox is running slow + Youtube problems

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Methen

Mozilla Firefox is running slow + Youtube problems

Post by Methen »

Ok I have been having these few problems for a long time and I would like to get them fixes as they are really stating to get on my nerves

1 When ever I go to google.com I will always have a delay and have to wait, So I decided to try another search engine believing that problem was in Google its self, I set the new page to
https://start.duckduckgo.com/ and I notice there was still a delay.

So I restarted fire fox in safe mode and tested on google and it ran fine I then tried to find out which extension was causing the problem one at a time and that did not work, So I disabled all of them and still had the same problem, How ever when I restart in safe mode
then it works fine, So ether something is not getting disabled manually or there is something in fire fox's code that is causing the problem.

The other problem I and having is with youtube, one I can click the back button it just keeps refreshing, and the second is I can not sign on at youtube, it just puts me in a repeat loop, I have to go sing on directly at Google.
Grumpus

Re: Mozilla Firefox is running slow + Youtube problems

Post by Grumpus »

Which extensions do you have installed?
Because everything works in Safe Mode means something which is installed as an extension is the problem.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

As Grumpus said, I would recommend going extension by extension, then disabling or deleting the one that causes the problem for you.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can also try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
Options -> Advanced -> General -> Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"

You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/up ... celeration

You can also check for issues caused by multi-process mode.

You can disable multi-process windows in Firefox by setting these preferences to false.
browser.tabs.remote.autostart = false (should be false by default)
browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2 = false (opt-in pref)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/about%3Aconfig
Methen

Post by Methen »

Well as I said above I already tried disabling them one at a time,, another thing I forgot to mention was that on the duckduck start page there are two icons at the top right hand corner for going in to sittings you are not able to click on them unless you are in safe mode and it only happens on that page, am thinking it may be combination of extensions that may be crashing with each other, What I have installed is:

adblock plus 2.91
Classic theme restorer 1.67
Contest search 0.64
Element hiding helper for adblock plus 1.4
Get mail Plus 3.4.10
Iskysoft I tube studio 4.90
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Look at this page on Problematic Extensions
There's some notation of conflicts with Flash which may or may not have been resolved (see notations to the right of the remarks)
I'd dump Contest Search because they are usually some form of marketing data gathering tool and it could be too many things are going on at once. Maybe improperly but that's a guess.
The Isky program may be conflicting with the Flash or Silverlight since you're on MS since some of the updates.
Check to see if you have /Tools/Options/Content/Play DRM content checked.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you