Can't see buttons (i.e., submit, etc.)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LeeU

Can't see buttons (i.e., submit, etc.)

Post by LeeU »

I am using Firefox 54 (32-bit) with the Compact Light Theme on Ubuntu 14.04.

My problem is that on certain buttons, the text is too light to see. It makes it hard, especially when I am not familiar with the buttons on a site.

I have tried changing themes and even using the default theme. No change. I have tried loading FF w/o extensions. No change. I reinstalled FF but to no avail ... the original problem still exists. It only happens in FF, not in any other programs. I posted the question here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1166006 but did not get any results. (It seems two other people also have the same problem.)

Any ideas how to fix it?

TheVisitor

Re: Can't see buttons (i.e., submit, etc.)

Post by TheVisitor »

Link where you see this...

Also any adblockers i.e. Adblock and uBlock, noScript ? Sometimes running in 'safe' mode does not totally override the addons actions.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Can you post a link to public pages where you see this happen (no authorization/login)?
LeeU

Post by LeeU »

TheVisitor wrote:Link where you see this...

Also any adblockers i.e. Adblock and uBlock, noScript ? Sometimes running in 'safe' mode does not totally override the addons actions.
No, I tried turning off adblockers etc. but it did nothing. Same with running in 'safe' mode.

Here are some of the sites I am having problems with:
LeeU

Post by LeeU »

DanRaisch wrote:If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
I have created a new profile w/no extensions installed and using the default theme ... still no change.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No problem with any of those pages here under Win 10 with version 54.0.1 of Firefox.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Are you using a High Contrast theme in Linux?

You can try a different theme in your Linux distribution.
James

Post by James »

LeeU wrote:Image
Firefox since 46.0 and newer has required GTK 3.4 (three.four) at minimum to run and as a result is themed by GTK3 themes due to GTK3 integration. This looks like you may have a GTK2 theme in use?.

Firefox is still usable with a GTK2 theme in use on OS which will not theme Firefox and Firefox will have some glitches like the scrollbar arrows missing and some buttons may be more faint or such.
LeeU

Post by LeeU »

James wrote:Firefox since 46.0 and newer has required GTK 3.4 (three.four) at minimum to run and as a result is themed by GTK3 themes due to GTK3 integration. This looks like you may have a GTK2 theme in use?.

Firefox is still usable with a GTK2 theme in use on OS which will not theme Firefox and Firefox will have some glitches like the scrollbar arrows missing and some buttons may be more faint or such.
Bingo! That was the problem! I only recently started playing around with themes (after 9 years I thought it was time :wink: ) and didn't really understand some of it. I am now running a GTK 3 theme and all is well. I appreciate your insight.

Thanks!