"Legacy" next my broken) Toolbar Buttons: help please?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
madmudmob

"Legacy" next my broken) Toolbar Buttons: help please?

Post by madmudmob »

My pc went off to have a new hard drive almost 2 weeks ago and came home today. The nice repair man had managed to backup everything like Thunderbird mails, photos, documents and Firefox but all my add-ons show a yellow banner with "Legacy" and one does not work (Toolbar Buttons).

Toolbar Buttons shows no buttons when I choose Customize from the Hamburger drop down menu - the few that are there are the standard ones and not from Toolbar Buttons. I tried reinstalling that add-on but no joy.

I do know that come November all will change but would very much like to continue using all my lovely add-ons until the last moment.

Could some kind person help me please?
Mud is good!
Brummelchen

Re: "Legacy" next my broken) Toolbar Buttons: help please?

Post by Brummelchen »

you are running v55 and since v55 you get the message that you use "legacy" (outdated model for extension) extensions. since v57 such extensions are no longer available or usable. i always advise people not to use preview versions as long they dont know nothing or dont care. v55 also separates favicons from the places, there is no way back for you to v54 or earlier now - this conversion is NOT reversible!
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Oh - thankyou for letting me know.

Any way to force Firefox to accept Toolbar Buttons perhaps?
Mud is good!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

there is no way back for you to v54 or earlier now - this conversion is NOT reversible!
Well, you could download and install 54.0.1 and create a new profile, transferring only what will work from the profile that was impacted by the update to version 55.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Brummelchen wrote:there is no way back for you to v54 or earlier now - this conversion is NOT reversible!
madmudmob, you probably still have a copy of your old previous profile. Just install v54 and use another copy of the profile the repairman saved.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Will do ..... thankyou :)
Mud is good!