Everything stop responding

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
hyperstone6

Everything stop responding

Post by hyperstone6 »

Hola!

I have a problem with the latest release. After a while of my inactivity everything just stops loading. It's totally unresponsive, but not in the 'traditional' sense, meaning; all pages that are already loaded work seamlessly. There is no hanging or freezing in the loaded pages and I can scroll up and down no problem. Only if I tried to access a new page or reload the same page nothing happens, as if I didn't click any button. It's just just like playing with your dog and suddenly it sets there and pretends it can't hear you [-(
DanRaisch

Re: Everything stop responding

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.

Have you tried starting the program in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode (Not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode.)
therube

Post by therube »

How much memory is FF using at these times?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
hyperstone6

Post by hyperstone6 »

Thanks for the answers guys. I will consider giving these suggestions a try and do a little in-depth reply next time. Mind you, this is a critical problem for me and I'm seriously considering moving on to Chrome but it'll be one painful transition since I've been with FF for over 10 years now...
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Create a new profile to test whether the current one you're using is corrupted or not. You can have more than one profile on Firefox. See instructions here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

I seem to be having this issue and it is becoming quite problematic at times. Intermittently, no sites will load (or take a very long time to load, like a minute for a simple HTML page) - even though my wired Internet connection is fine. When this happens I can often close a tab and try again and it usually works. Due to the sporadic nature it is very difficult to troubleshoot. I am using Firefox 52.2.1 (32-Bit) - this is the latest ESR update for Windows XP.
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

For me, the problem seems to be caused by HTTPS Everywhere 5.2.20. I have just disabled this extension and restarted - Firefox appears far more responsive and I don't appear to experience the issue I described above.