Firefox no sound on every youtube video

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Acedonno

Firefox no sound on every youtube video

Post by Acedonno »

I have the latest firefox (54.0.1) and whenever I start firefox or just generally go to a youtube video there is no audio. I have to refresh to get audio, every time. I did a google search but nothing. What could be the reason and is there a fix?

Btw I have some addons but this is a fresh problem. I haven't had this problem for a long time with the same addons/extensions.

And adobe flash is updated too if you were wondering.

Also I have a plugin called 'widevine content decryption module provided by google inc.' which I don't recognize but I assume came with chrome and I uninstalled chrome a while ago but it is still here and I have no idea how to remove it as there is no option. I did a google search and the article that shows how to remove it mentions it has a remove option but there is no remove option in this one. Btw I just deactivated it and still no audio n youtube videos on first try as usual.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox no sound on every youtube video

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting the program in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

rep97 wrote: Also I have a plugin called 'widevine content decryption module provided by google inc.'
Please, do NOT try to remove or even disable that plugin; I know the name 'Google' might tempt you to do it, but this one 'comes with Firefox', just like : OpenH264 Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. and Shockwave Flash.
You need those three (at least for now, on some sites).

YouTube doesn't use Flash, but the HTML5 player ; would you check on this test page to see which are checked : https://www.youtube.com/html5

Then : would you go over this article and see if you can find anything there that might help solve the problem :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... deo-issues
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

rep97 wrote: I have to refresh to get audio, every time.
It's a bad idea to use refresh to solve simple issues as it changes Firefox and causes a degree of difficulty restoring previous settings.
Refresh is not the same thing as restart.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

@Grumps,
I think, from the OP, what he/she means is to "reload" the page, not do a "Refresh" of Firefox.
Hopefully, that is what he/she meant. :)
If not then......mucho apologies all round.

I strike the same problem.....occasionally with YT.
Coz they keep trying to "fix" it.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I should get together with the OP. Sometimes I have sound but no pic. We can weld the 2 puters together.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Question: Are you using wireless speakers?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

No. But when I'm ready to tackle this problem, I'll set up a separate thread.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network