Is there Solution for password user fields that can't fill

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
allstock

Is there Solution for password user fields that can't fill

Post by allstock »

I'm running into to this and seems be occurring more. The username fields on websites won't fill for some reason. I still get a dropdown menu when I click on the password field but nothing on the Username field. Is there a password app that can fix this? It happens on an website I use very frequently on a daily basis. Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: Is there Solution for password user fields that can't fi

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.

What is that web site?
Have you tried clearing the cache and any cookies related to that site?
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Download a password manager called Keepass. That has the option to fill in the respective fields by copying the data using the context menu (right click). You can see the context menu options in image on the Keepass home page.

Once copied the data will be held in cache for a maximum 12 seconds, or until you close the program. That prevents the data being held in the Windows clipboard even after you close Firefox.
allstock

Post by allstock »

Reflective wrote:Download a password manager called Keepass. That has the option to fill in the respective fields by copying the data using the context menu (right click). You can see the context menu options in image on the Keepass home page.

Once copied the data will be held in cache for a maximum 12 seconds, or until you close the program. That prevents the data being held in the Windows clipboard even after you close Firefox.
Thank you, I didn't remember that I could do this with an already installed add-on called saved password editor. It's similar to keypass but might be a bit easier to use I think. Still, don't know why firefox wouldn't ask to remember the password for this website...hmm

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to Firefox Support.

What is that web site?
Have you tried clearing the cache and any cookies related to that site?
I'm pretty sure the cookies aren't the problem unfortunately - I could still be wrong. Here's a link to the site: http://comicspriceguide.com/
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Have you checked in Tools ---> Options ----> Security to see if "Remember logins for sites" is checkmarked?

Other than that you could create a new test profile to see whether it makes any difference. If that fixes the problem then it means your current profile is corrupt. See: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
therube

Post by therube »

Seems it is the site that is blocking the saving of passwords.

Might see if Saved Password Editor can do anything for you?

(I got it to save the password, user[password], but not sure how to get it to save the username?
Actually it does "save", but it doesn't associate the username field with user[username], so user[username] must be wrong, but I don't know what is right?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you check in the right-click context menu of the user name field to see if there is a saved user name available?
Firefox may not auto-fill or show a user name list in some cases.