No NoScript, no Video Download Helper - goodbye Firefox!!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FireFoxCustomWannabe

No NoScript, no Video Download Helper - goodbye Firefox!!!

Post by FireFoxCustomWannabe »

Very disappointed that without warning, 55.0 killed my plug-ins - the entire reason I use Firefox.

And re-installing the previous version resulted in all the icons for my bookmarks getting cleared.

This is certainly NOT the way to insure Firefox's future!!!
Grumpus

Re: No NoScript, no Video Download Helper - goodbye Firefox!

Post by Grumpus »

NoScript should be functioning.
Also you were warned of changes coming.
Did you bother to back up your profile?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
FireFoxCustomWannabe

Post by FireFoxCustomWannabe »

Grumpus wrote:NoScript should be functioning.
Also you were warned of changes coming.
Did you bother to back up your profile?
As you said NoScript should be functioning, I just re-installed 55.0. Now I can see both NoScript - and Video Download Helper are working.

But yesterday, the reason I searched for a solution to my 'problem' after upgrading to 55.0 was that they were missing?

My apologies! I'm totally confused now. Are they both still supported?

The reason I searched for why there were missing was ... they were missing - at least the icons were. Possibly some glitch? But ... both extensions are back and my bookmark icons are back, so ... I guess I'm happy until v57 - and hopefully, any 'Legacy' issues will be resolved by then.

btw - what's the best link to bookmark to read up on changes before an install? For any major change, I'd suggest a warning in the install dialog with a link to the major changes. And yes, I do backup my entire profile every day, cookies, logins, everything. Gotta stay safe in this crazy world of hostile malware.

Thanks!!
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

NoScript recently updated to be more compatible with the WebExtensions.
You might be able to find something here Known Vulnerabilities or you could search.
I believe someone here had a list or a link to a list which may have been mnore specific.
Lastly, this is not Mozilla and is in no way connected to Mozilla just a bunch of volunteer users so any notification changes would have to come from Mozilla. You could always come here and look also.

PS: Backup is in case you want to revert to an earlier version also
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

NoScript will live on as a WebExtension when the time comes (thank the gods that be!) - it should be perfectly functional now as well...

Best link to read up on changes? How about the release notes @ https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/