Firefox 55.0 - less efficient bookmarking

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
frlrn

Firefox 55.0 - less efficient bookmarking

Post by frlrn »

Before 55.0, when I made a new bookmark with Ctrl+D, a pop up appeared with the text field already highlighted and ready for editing. This behaviour was perfect for me.
After latest update, when I make a new bookmark with Ctrl+D, it just adds it into Bookmarks Menu without any pop ups. Then, if I press Ctrl+D again to edit the bookmark, the text field isn't highlighted, so now I need to press Tab to edit it. This means that now I need to go Ctrl+D, Ctrl+D, Tab to get the same result I got with Ctrl+D before.
Is there any way to restore previous behaviour? I use bookmarks extensively, and pointlessly wasting so much time is going to get old fast.
Aris

Re: Firefox 55.0 - less efficient bookmarking

Post by Aris »

Maybe something is interfering on your side. It still is working like before for me on Firefox 55, 56, 57 without add-ons.
Test a new browser profile.
frlrn

Re: Firefox 55.0 - less efficient bookmarking

Post by frlrn »

Thank you. I didn't realize it was a bug caused by an extension not working correctly after a new update and not some weird intentional change. After disabling Change Bookmark Recent Folder List Length, everything returned to normal.