devtools disaster....

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TDV

devtools disaster....

Post by TDV »

I never knew there is such a thing, and I certainly have no need for devtools.
Is there a safe way to disable it completely in about:config, devtgools has about 60 to 80 entries?

Thank You
Frank Lion

Re: devtools desaster....

Post by Frank Lion »

TDV wrote:I never knew there is such a thing, and I certainly have no need for devtools.
Don't use them then. Leave them alone, they are using no resources, and they will leave you alone.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
TDV

Post by TDV »

Frank Lion wrote:
TDV wrote:I never knew there is such a thing, and I certainly have no need for devtools.
Don't use them then. Leave them alone, they are using no resources, and they will leave you alone.

If you bothered to read the news, you would know this is used as an entry for hackers.....
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

And your source?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
TDV

Post by TDV »

malliz wrote:And your source?

There is this company.... ahhh.... what was its name.... Mozilla, or something similar, who just gave out a security update.
Do I have to be surprised that in a firefox forum no one seems to know about it?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

TDV wrote:If you bothered to read the news.
You cheeky bastard.

If you removed every part of Firefox that has ever had a fixed security bug attached to it, then you would need to remove Firefox completely.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Grumpus

Re: devtools disaster....

Post by Grumpus »

@TDV - If you're really worried about exploits maybe you should dump Windows? :lol:
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TDV

Post by TDV »

Frank Lion wrote:
TDV wrote:If you bothered to read the news.
You cheeky bastard.

If you removed every part of Firefox that has ever had a fixed security bug attached to it, then you would need to remove Firefox completely.
I do not mind risks... I do not even mind others reading my mails... But I have no tolerance for governments who read other's mails, and software companies stuffing f.e. a browser full of garbage that no one knows, which then can be used as a hacking door and slows the browser, so they I end up with one that freezes reguilarly and makes taskmgsr my most frequently used MS app....

The only reason that I use something like Firefox is the total lack of a usable alternative. I just wasted two whole days on Palemoon!

It is of coure a waste of of time to ask a question like mine here. There are almost ten answers, and NOT A SINGLE ONE actually answers the question I asked.
therube

Post by therube »

How to remove/disable Firefox Developer Tools?

how can I disable developers tools from using function keys?

Suppose you could compile FF (from source) leaving out devtools (though I'd suspect it might cause multiple breakages)?

(I was surprised, when at some point IE, started to include a "devtools", & I thought to myself, why in the world would MS have included that in IE?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Also the exploits you are concerned about with devtools are addressed with the Firefox 55 update. Security Advisories
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
TDV

Post by TDV »

therube wrote:How to remove/disable Firefox Developer Tools?

how can I disable developers tools from using function keys?

Suppose you could compile FF (from source) leaving out devtools (though I'd suspect it might cause multiple breakages)?

(I was surprised, when at some point IE, started to include a "devtools", & I thought to myself, why in the world would MS have included that in IE?)

THank you, disabled what could be disabled.
TDV

Post by TDV »

Grumpus wrote:Also the exploits you are concerned about with devtools are addressed with the Firefox 55 update. Security Advisories
I have a general problem with having stuff I never asked, never heard about, being added to software installed on my computer. The fact that this garbage could actually be used to compromise the computer, seems to be something that you are actually find worth a discussion?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

My thought was only to show it was dealt with through the current update for Firefox.
There are far more worrisome exploits in some systems which are usually blamed on the sub packages but usually start between the chair and the keyboard.
No discussion necessary.