Youtube live

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Methen

Youtube live

Post by Methen »

Iam subscribe a person who does live videos on youtube from time to time but when ever I use fire fox to watch a live video on youtube I get the following error: your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available

I do not have this problem with a old version of google chrome I use...
DanRaisch

Re: Youtube live

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support as the issue here is an obsolete operating system. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... windows-xp
therube

Post by therube »

You're on XP.
If the clips are mp4, you'll have to use a work-around.

FF 52 does not play Facebook video (Win XP)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
James

Post by James »

Methen wrote:Iam subscribe a person who does live videos on youtube from time to time but when ever I use fire fox to watch a live video on youtube I get the following error: your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available

I do not have this problem with a old version of google chrome I use...
Youtube no longer really uses Flash Player Plugin as a fallback to the HTML5 Player. Microsoft only supports Windows Vista and newer with codecs that is needed to fully use the HTML5 Player as you can see what your system supports at https://www.youtube.com/html5/ as all checks should be blue normally.

Google has not supported the old EOL WinXP (and Vista, Mac OSX 10.6/10.7/10.8) since April 2016. The reason why HTML5 player may seem to still work is because Chrome kind of cheats by coming with the codecs.

Besides trying workarounds on the vulnerable WinXP you could look into dual booting with a Linux distro with a light window manager like Xfce like Xubuntu. This will allow you to have a up to date secure OS and be able to play HTML5 videos. Problem is many distros have been dropping support for 32-bit over time favouring the 64-bit CPU's.

Note the Firefox 52.0 ESR last update will be 52.8.0esr out May 2018 so you will have both vulnerable OS and browser after then
Methen

Post by Methen »

I do not have any problems playing standard mp4, I watch videos all the time one you tube with no problems, It only happens when some one is making a live video...
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Methen

Post by Methen »

I do not even get a second of play time when I click on a live video I get the above error automatically...
Methen

Post by Methen »