Remove Bookmarks default menu entries?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
videobruce

Remove Bookmarks default menu entries?

Post by videobruce »

Is there a way to remove these annoying & unwanted default menu entries, all they do is clutter up the drop down menu? I did find a way to remove those recent bookmarks that is buried in that 'about:config' menu.
"View Pocket List"
"Bookmarks Toolbar"
"Other Bookmarks"

Last edited by videobruce on August 15th, 2017, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
Grumpus

Re: Remove Bookmarks default menu entries?

Post by Grumpus »

Classic Theme Restorer works with Firefox 55 and there are settings in it to hide these various items.
If you want the Bookmarks Toolbar to go away (not in the drop down list) you can use /View/Toolbars and uncheck Bookmarks Toolbar.
If you menu bar isn't showing hitting the Alt key will make it temporarily show and you can toggle or change the settings you need.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

I have that, but other than hiding bookmarks history (which I stumbled across in the about:config page) I couldn't see any other setting that gets rid of those three I showed.

You did see the attachment in my post?
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

In CTR under Advanced you can uncheck Pocket and it will disable it and remove the icon.
Page three under the GenralUI has the settings for hiding the Other Bookmarks item and the Bookmarks toolbar.
There doesn't appear to be any reference which allows those items to be toggled in about:config, maybe in older versions of Firefox at one time.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Gotta love how they hide all of this stuff and scattered all over. :evil:
I saw the entries that show those, but I didn't scan down far enough for the ones that hide them. What a difference. They need to stop doing a M$ by adding a bunch of annoying crap, cluttering up the UI and removing items that had a purpose. :roll:

Thanks for all that, it's starting to more look like Opera Classic now, thou will never equal by a long shot! =D>
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Not to go more OT, but I looked for something to move the page tabs to the bottom, but couldn't find that either. Is there something somewhere to do that??
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Bottom of the visible tool or menu bars or bottom of the actual page.
If for the actual page I don't think there is a setting for that but the tabs can be set lower than the tool, menu and nav bar in CTR, under Tabs.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Bottom of the actual page like it use to be until M$ decided they wanted to fix something that wasn't broke and all the 'toy soldiers' followed suit. :evil:
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

There does not appear to be a way with CTR or customize but . . .
. . . you may be able to find someone to write the code or at least post a solution.
It would not be out of line to search the feastures, extensions, general and support forums to see if someone figured it out.
If you think it's a waste there may be other of the same opinion. Good Luck.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Thanks for your input. It's too bad with all the features (admittedly most hard to find and/or understand exactly what they are suppose to do) there isn't that option in that Restorer add-on. :(

Anyone else chime in here?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

It appears Bottom UI extension might help but in another thread there were display issues of search suggestions being off-screen.