Firefox 54/Windows 7 won't print pdf file

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
porthome

Firefox 54/Windows 7 won't print pdf file

Post by porthome »

Since the last release of FF I can no longer print pdfs from some websites. Either nothing happens after clicking on a link to a pdf file, or a new tab opens and then nothing happens. Same files download and print fine with Chrome and IE. I have set options for a pdf file to Adobe Acrobat. I also set the option to Save File, without effect

Thanks for any suggestions

Perryb
c627627

Re: Firefox 54/Windows 7 won't print pdf file

Post by c627627 »

Assuming you are using version DC, try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and installing Adobe Acrobat version 11, latest version 11 update is from a week ago, Version 11.0.21.

But first uninstall Reader DC, then reboot, then install full version 11 download:
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/r ... _en_US.exe
Then update to version 11.0.21 from last week.

Version DC has been known to cause problems you describe but it may or may not be the cause in your case. One way to find out...

P.S. I tried alternative versions to Adobe, but I found version 11 to be the most stable so I stuck with it.
I also have this pdf reader installed alongside Adobe Reader because it opened everything I ever tried with it, even book file extensions like .epub and .mobi and .djvu
https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/downlo ... iewer.html
Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.
therube

Post by therube »

from some websites
URLs?

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
porthome

Post by porthome »

Adobe acrobat version is 11.0.18. However, I think I have enabled the Firefox PDF Viewer Extension