startup and pinned tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pickety

startup and pinned tabs

Post by pickety »

When I now start ffox 55 I get a duplicate loaded for every one my pinned tabs, so if I have 12 pinned I now get another 12 duplicate normal tabs. Needless to say this wasn't happening before the upgrade.
dfoulkes

Re: startup and pinned tabs

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't use pinned tabs... so, I know little about them with repect to they being activated during Firefox startup... and if they do appear in Firefox safe-mode (don't know) ... you should try that test procedure...then post back.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Grumpus

Re: startup and pinned tabs

Post by Grumpus »

There's this Mozilla Support on Pinned Tabs
Just wondering if you have /Tools/Options/Preferences/Tabs/Open new windows in a new tab instead - checked, this may be causing the doppelganger tabs.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you