55.0.2 Greasemonkey & Anti adblock killer apparently not wor

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
8-bit

Re: 55.0.2 Greasemonkey & Anti adblock killer apparently not

Post by 8-bit »

pompsteve wrote:Hi,
No, I never had UBO. I asked if you had checked the site in 55.0.2 with UBO.
I have Adblock plus with Greasemonkey and Anti-adblock killer from Reek.
I`m just hoping for some simple, "possibly" some setting change in about:config that will make 55.0.2 "not" detect my adblocker.
I`d rather keep my current Adblock Plus with the mentioned extensions., if possible.
It all works great and "no" detection of adblocker in 54.0.1 and previous versions with what I have now.
The fact that 55.0.2 detects the adblocker makes me think some setting was changed under the hood in 55.0.2.
What that exact change made is what I don`t know yet.
Thanks much for your responses so far.
I am more than willing to try and help you further, but if you maintain that you must continue to use all three of those extensions and are looking for a possible tweak in about:config, then I have no further input. There is no about:config pref to fix your particular issue. The only thing I can suggest is moving to the ESR release (V52.3.0). Everything should work fine there until several months into 2018. No offense intended - just letting you know that unless you are willing to try a little change, then there is no fix for your issue except to move to the ESR release.
pompsteve

Post by pompsteve »

8-bit wrote:
pompsteve wrote:Hi,
No, I never had UBO. I asked if you had checked the site in 55.0.2 with UBO.
I have Adblock plus with Greasemonkey and Anti-adblock killer from Reek.
I`m just hoping for some simple, "possibly" some setting change in about:config that will make 55.0.2 "not" detect my adblocker.
I`d rather keep my current Adblock Plus with the mentioned extensions., if possible.
It all works great and "no" detection of adblocker in 54.0.1 and previous versions with what I have now.
The fact that 55.0.2 detects the adblocker makes me think some setting was changed under the hood in 55.0.2.
What that exact change made is what I don`t know yet.
Thanks much for your responses so far.
I am more than willing to try and help you further, but if you maintain that you must continue to use all three of those extensions and are looking for a possible tweak in about:config, then I have no further input. There is no about:config pref to fix your particular issue. The only thing I can suggest is moving to the ESR release (V52.3.0). Everything should work fine there until several months into 2018. No offense intended - just letting you know that unless you are willing to try a little change, then there is no fix for your issue except to move to the ESR release.
That`s ok, man.
I appreciate the suggestions you have offered and I can always come back to this thread as reference in case I decide to change things down the road.
I`ve looked at UBO and don`t like way too many filter lists to choose from at this point.
A friend of mine tried UBO with just the default lists and it blocked way too much especially in search engines and she said it`s too much hassle to go through all the filter lists and figure the best combination.
That said--it does have a lighter footprint than adblock plus.

With adblock plus, it`s just easier, the 2-3 default list work great, until 55.0.2
Have a good one!
pompsteve

Post by pompsteve »

Decided to install Firefox`s most recent ESR version, as per "8-bits" advice.
At least it keeps all the security updates current.
Much more easier than possibly uninstalling my current adblock setup and installing another adblocker, just to adjust to whatever changes were made in 55.0.2 that rendered my adblock set up useless.
Everything installed smoothly and runs great!
No more concerns about anti-adblock issues for some months anyway.
Very good of Firefox to offer the ESR version for those of us that have issues with the regular version.