FF 55 scrolling stutter

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Galvin

FF 55 scrolling stutter

Post by Galvin »

For a long time this was pure liquid smooth till recently. Now its not super liquid smooth anymore, anyone else experiencing this?
I haven't made any changes to my settings for months.

Nevermind, the update forced it back to one process, fixed now
8-bit

Re: FF 55 scrolling stutter

Post by 8-bit »

I know you said never mind, but I just wanted to confirm that I did notice scroll stutter - I believe it was when I went to 54. Now running 55.x.x and it's all smoothy again.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

The stutter looks like a timing issue between a single hit and smooth scroll if using the buttons top or bottom of the scroll bar.
Might depend on the mouse values in about:config and whether the OS version adjusted them.
No stutter with the wheel.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

Grumpus wrote:The stutter looks like a timing issue between a single hit and smooth scroll if using the buttons top or bottom of the scroll bar.
Might depend on the mouse values in about:config and whether the OS version adjusted them.
No stutter with the wheel.
I should have noted that I am using the trackpad on my notebook. Not sure if that is relevant, but I did see stutter in 54. 55 is fine - so all is ok now.