Add-on For Identifying Cookies

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tb75252

Add-on For Identifying Cookies

Post by tb75252 »

This question does not concern Firefox directly but maybe somebody can help...

I am using Firefox 55.0.1 (64-bit) with Windows 7.
I have installed this wonderful add-on (X-notifier) which unfortunately now requires cookies in order to work properly with new versions of Firefox.
What I would like to do is set Firefox to clear all cookies upon exiting, except those created by X-notifier. I think that I can do that by using the Exceptions button in Options -> Privacy -> History. (Correct me if I'm wrong!!)
The problem that I've run into is that I don't seem to be able to identify X-notifier's cookies from all the other ones...

Is there a Firefox add-on that will help me do what I have in mind?

PS: I posted the same question in X-notifier's forum some weeks ago but nobody was able to help me...
Grumpus

Re: Add-on For Identifying Cookies

Post by Grumpus »

There's several listed in the add-ons.
Search edit cookies and make sure they are till active or being updated for WebExtensions.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
tb75252

Post by tb75252 »

Grumpus wrote:There's several listed in the add-ons.
Search edit cookies and make sure they are till active or being updated for WebExtensions.
Yes, I've done some searches in the "Get Add-ons" section. But what I find are add-ons that detect cookies left by web pages visited. I am looking for an add on that detects cookies created by another add-on.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

See the last post at the foot of this thread on the X-Notifier site: http://xnotifier.tobwithu.com/dp/node/3483
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

AFAICT the FF cookies database does not contain any information as to the origin of the cookie, i.e. if it was entered in the normal way from an HTTP response, or if it was created artificially by the use of
an extension's javascript or whatever. Presumably, the X-Notifier-created cookies have an id special to X-Notifier, and the creator of X-Notifier should easily be able to give you that information so you can make the
appropriate entries in some Firefox cookie-management extension. The built-in exceptions list will not do for that task, because exceptions there can only be based on the relevant website address ("host"), not
the cookie id.

It also occurs to me that this new requirement by X-Notifier for persistent cookies just means that you need to keep the cookies sent by your email providers, and not special cookies created by X-Notifier. Have
you tried that?