Firefox 55.0.2, Nvidia video settings, HTML5 video

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LamiX

Firefox 55.0.2, Nvidia video settings, HTML5 video

Post by LamiX »

hello
I have 1XXX NV GTX on W10X64-1703, v384.94 drivers (tested 385.28 too) and with Firefox 55.0.2 I cant get to work Nvidia "Video" settings (nvidia control panel) for edge enhancement, gamma etc. on HTML5 videos. Firefox 54 works properly. Disabled HW ACC (webm) not helping.

have someone similar problem? thanks
Last edited by LamiX on September 8th, 2017, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reflective

Re: Firefox 55.0.2, Nvidia video settings, HTML5 video

Post by Reflective »

Assuming it's a laptop, is there a label with the description "Nvidia Optimus" next to your laptop keyboard somewhere? If so, it means you have two video solutions installed i.e. an Intel and an Nvidia. The latter only kicks in during graphic intensive operations like playing (multiplayer) games. HTML5 operations are handled by the Intel chip.
LamiX

Post by LamiX »

No laptop here only classic pc :) integrated GPU not using at all...
it is interesting because even clean install of windows not help and this problem is only under chrome based browsers and last firefox
FF54 and Edge is OK
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Have you selected the correct settings in the Nvidia CPL: https://i.imgur.com/RVoFeDi.png
LamiX

Post by LamiX »

settings which I mean is under "video" (adjust video color settings, adjust video image settings)... "3D" is for games

no one here adjusting video quality for html5 streaming videos or what? :D
Last edited by LamiX on September 8th, 2017, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Have a look at this program called Shotcut. The URL opens the Tutorials section and the fifth video down concerns the HTML5 editor.

It's open source freeware and there are no ads. I downloaded it myself yesterday because I upload all my flight videos to Youtube and usually use Youtube's video editor to add transitions and merge clips. Unfortunately though, Google is going to remove the video editor from the Youtube site on September 20. This means I'll have to find another means of editing my clips and I've been looking at various apps to do the job. Shotcut looks promising and I'm getting to grips with it now. Maybe it'll fit the bill for you too.