Spaces Between Bookmark Bar Icons

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fxfan313

Spaces Between Bookmark Bar Icons

Post by fxfan313 »

I think the latest release of Theme Font and Size Changer has eliminated the spaces between icons on my Bookmark Toolbar. The BT is now very crowded and there's a lot of wasted space to the right that can and should be used. I've contacted the author and I'm hoping for the best.

Now, let's say he either ignores me or can't fix it, or the problem lies elsewhere. Is there a way to insert spaces between the icons or stretch the BT somehow? The customize menu won't work: It does not allow the insertion of spaces within the BT, only on each side. Thanks, folks.

Edit: I just started FF in safe mode and the Bookmarks Toolbar is still crowded, no spaces. So maybe it's not Theme Font and Size Changer after all.
Grumpus

Re: Spaces Between Bookmark Bar Icons

Post by Grumpus »

If you right click on one of the icons in the Bookmarks Toolbar and click on Properties you can add spaces where it says name.
You'll notice the highlight size changes and this will move some things apart if that is the issue.
You would have to make the adjustment with the preceding icon.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Install Classic Theme Restorer and then you can add spaces between toolbar buttons as shown in this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/xcVO16q.png
fxfan313

Post by fxfan313 »

@Reflective: I do have Classic Theme Restorer. I've checked every setting but I don't see an option for adding a space between icons.

@Grumpus: I didn't see a way to add a space after right-clicking, but I did find the New Separator option, which may have been what you meant. Added separators between all icons; it's much better now and good enough for jazz.

@Both: Thank you!
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

fxfan313 wrote:@Reflective: I do have Classic Theme Restorer. I've checked every setting but I don't see an option for adding a space between icons.
CTR adds the space options to the Customize menu. In the default configuration Space, Flexible Space and the Separator are missing as can be seen in this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/C7mq65Y.png

Here's a pix of the Customize menu with CTR enabled: https://i.imgur.com/UnavKuo.png
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@fxfan313 - If you were to right click on one of the icons in the Bookmarks toolbar there should have been a drop down menu with properties at the bottom of the list.
If it is not there, open "Show/Manage all Bookmarks" and go to the "Bookmarks Toolbar" highlight the bookmark you wish to add the spaces to.
As I noted above you can ad spaces to an empty "Name" block and they will show in the tool bar.
Also if the space is needed before the icon use the preceding bookmark.
This is if you wipe the name from the bookmarks and only the Icon is showing in the bookmarks toolbar.
If you have wiped the name the space can still be put in and the url of the icon will still show when the icon is highlighted.
I believe this is all without CTR.
Additionally, for now Settings Sanity works and may also replace some of the missing settings.
A restart would be necessary afterwards.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
fxfan313

Post by fxfan313 »

Thanks much, guys, I'm all squared away now.