Right click not always working in 55.0.3

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bobblebob

Right click not always working in 55.0.3

Post by bobblebob »

Since upgrading ive found that when i use right click, the menu doesnt always appear. This happens on images, text, links etc. Sometimes it appears straight away, sometimes there is a second delay, and sometimes there is the box but with no menu options to click on

You can see it here - https://postimg.org/image/oltx2riyd/

I have noscripts running but ive disabled that and it still happens. Other than that i have the Flash plugin and just the default Firefox ones active
bobblebob

Re: Right click not always working in 55.0.3

Post by bobblebob »

Too add this also happens when i click on the download icon, aswell as the drop down box for noscripts, so its not just a right click thing
therube

Post by therube »

Disable Hardware Acceleration (in FF) & see if that changes anything.

(Cannot confirm on my end.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
bobblebob

Post by bobblebob »

That appears to have worked, cheers.

Any idea why disabling Hardware Acceleration would fix that, and any downside to disabling it?
debodun

Post by debodun »

I have the same problem. Disabling the acceleration made my problem worse.
ArJunaZ

Post by ArJunaZ »

I have had this same problem a few times now since upgrading a few days ago. The problem seems to either occur or not at the time I start Firefox. Once started the problem is either there or it's not, but if it starts up fine it continues to work fine. When the problem occurs I simply have to kill Firefox through Task Manager (can't access menus to shut down) and restart. It has always worked for upon restart after seeing the problem, but it has only been a few days. I have made no other changes to my Firefox since upgrading. This never happened with previous versions. I think this has only happened after a restart and upon the first start of Firefox, but does not always happen after restart.

Firefox 55.0.3 (64bit)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Have you tried this yet?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
danig

Post by danig »

ArJunaZ wrote:I have had this same problem a few times now since upgrading a few days ago. The problem seems to either occur or not at the time I start Firefox. Once started the problem is either there or it's not, but if it starts up fine it continues to work fine. When the problem occurs I simply have to kill Firefox through Task Manager (can't access menus to shut down) and restart. It has always worked for upon restart after seeing the problem, but it has only been a few days. I have made no other changes to my Firefox since upgrading. This never happened with previous versions. I think this has only happened after a restart and upon the first start of Firefox, but does not always happen after restart.

Firefox 55.0.3 (64bit)
Same problem here, has been there for a few months I think. From time to time (maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 times I open FF), my Firefox won't let me use my mouse's right button, nor open any drop-down menus (in FF's UI or in the webpage space). If I restart FF, then the problem disappears (no need to reopen in safe mode). I have no idea what can be the cause of it, it seems to happen on a random basis.
Last edited by danig on April 29th, 2018, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Post by therube »

(I'll just note that a web page is able to disallow right-click. [Which can be worked around via bookmarklet or otherwise.])
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
danig

Post by danig »

therube wrote:(I'll just note that a web page is able to disallow right-click. [Which can be worked around via bookmarklet or otherwise.])
Well noted, but that's not the case here. It's a problem with FFox that (at least in my case) affects not only the right click, but also the opening of FF's menus (the three lines menu, bookmarks, whatever...) and of any drop-down list within a webpage. Weird thing.
danig

Post by danig »

Hey guys, I've made a change that has seemingly solved this problem. I used to have FFox enabled in Windows Task Manager's Start list, so that it was automatically opened whenever I start Windows. Well, I disabled FFox from that list a couple of weeks ago (I open it manually now) and I haven't experienced the above issue ever since.