MozillaZine

Changing the "orientation" of my tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
merry widow

Post Posted September 5th, 2017, 10:13 am

I don't like the appearance of my tab orientation being "upside down" and wanted to understand how they got that way. Initially I thought it was TabMixPlus but the developer assured me it was not his addon.

You know how when we used to have that thing called "paper" and a style called "folder" with something called a "tab"? :wink: We had something called "file cabinets" and in the cabinets were "drawers" and into these drawers we would store folders . . . with their tabs standing upright?

That's the effect I want with Firefox: all tab boundaries "sticking up" (including the not currently using tab). See the greyed tab "mozilla" in the graphic below? I would like to flip its aspect vertically (not the word "mozilla", the outline of it). Is this just what Firefox displays natively? Addon suggestions? about:config hack? Thanks guys.

therube

Post Posted September 5th, 2017, 11:23 am

Well, first restart in Safe Mode & verify that your tabs are right-side up.

If Safe Mode is OK, it is most likely an extension causing the issue.

Restart normally.
Disable TMP.
Restart & test.

If still wrong, then its not likely TMP.
Find the next most likely extension, disable that, restart & test...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Frank Lion

Post Posted September 5th, 2017, 11:34 am

therube wrote:Well, first restart in Safe Mode & verify that your tabs are right-side up.

It's the tab style on the content page that bothers the OP. Page would look just the same on any browser.

Simple fix - don't go to Mozilla related websites, because that is how they do the tabs on their pages.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

merry widow

Post Posted September 12th, 2017, 10:17 pm

rube, Frank ... I'm on (cough) Chrome as I'm posting this related to the meltdown of my computer after risking the installation of an Addon still in BETA. So I'm FFless until I get some recommendations and install an older version.

Return to Firefox Support