Bookmarks in sidebar bug?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dmccunney

Bookmarks in sidebar bug?

Post by dmccunney »

I've recently noticed an annoying behavior. I prefer to display my bookmarks in the Sidebar. That works fine. The problem is that if I close the Sidebar, when I re-open it, it's blank. Firefox has forgotten what was configured to display when the Sidebar is open. It's easy enough to use View/Sidebar and select Bookmarks to reestablish the mapping, but annoying to have to.

This occurs in Firefox release 55.0.3 and Firefox Developer Edition. (I haven't tested Nightly, but assume it will happen there too.) I believe this behavior began in 55.0.3. (I'm using the 64 bit version, but don't think that's a factor.)

I haven't made any changes that might cause this. In particular, my Addons list has stayed the same for some time.

Has anyone seen this and can reproduce it? I'd like to know if others are affected before opening a bug in Bugzilla.

Thanks!
______
Dennis
SeaMonkey 1.1.19/NS 7.2/SeaMonkey 2.33.1/SeaMonkey 2.34a,FF release version 32 bit, FF Developer Edition 64bit, FF Nightly 64 bit, Kompozer 0.8b3/Sunbird 0.8/Win2K Pro SP4/WinXP Pro SP3/Win7 Pro SP1/Win10 Pro, Ubuntu Linux 12.04/Ubuntu Linux 16.04/Puppy Linux 4.31
DanRaisch

Re: Bookmarks in sidebar bug?

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you pressing Ctrl+B to open that sidebar displaying the bookmarks?
dickvl

Re: Bookmarks in sidebar bug?

Post by dickvl »

Did you try Firefox Safe Mode in case an extension is causing this?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode