Password Prompt

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Djko

Password Prompt

Post by Djko »

It's been several years and this topic is being ignored, why the master pass is a frustration rather than a secure and simple way of storing passwords. Why it is so hard to make a button to type it whenever we need it or not, or at least add options to it: (Like - NEVER PROMPT, use sync without need to enter master pass ). Why whenever i start firefox i have to close multiple prompts and it continues to spam and spam on every damn site. NO! i don't want to go in incognito and yes i do want to store entered passwords. DO WE ASK TOO MUCH? Before I could use MasterPassword+, this plugin did the job for you, now it is not compatible with new update, and going on older version of ff does not let me use sync. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Add a simple button and let the people choose!
DanRaisch

Re: Password Prompt

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.

Just so you're clear about things, we are not Mozilla. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Install Keepass which is what I use.

It's an independent open source password manager which includes a password generator and supports many plugins written by an enthusiastic community.

To add username and password to a site, simply right click the entry you created and choose those options. The data only remains on the Windows clipboard for 12 seconds or until you close Keepass making it a secure method of entering sensitive passwords on sites.

Here's a screenshot of the context menu.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Hi Djko !

Maybe you'd like to submit your suggestion / wishes here :

https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can consider to set the restore on demand prefs to true if you are reopening a lot of web pages with a login form automatically.

Code: Select all

browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand
browser.sessionstore.restore_pinned_tabs_on_demand
You can also use a user.js file to disable the Password Manager and only enable the Password Manager if you need to login to a website.

Code: Select all

user_pref("signon.rememberSignons", false);
Note that you can use "Saved Logins" or "Show Passwords" to login to the software security device.
Options -> Security: Logins: [] "Remember logins for sites"
Cancel the "Show Passwords" MP prompt to logout

I think that Sync will still ask for MP on startup if you use this feature even with the Password Manager disabled, but that would only be one request.