How to change Title Menu Text

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mhein

How to change Title Menu Text

Post by mhein »

Hello All,
I'm running the latest version of Firefox and would like to personalize the text in the Title Menu (i.e. "Mozilla Firefox).
I seem to remember doing just this a long time ago using the about:config feature in Firefox, but cannot remember were this feature is controlled!
Any help would be greatly appreciated... Mark
God Bless.....Mark Hein
dfoulkes

Re: How to change Title Menu Text

Post by dfoulkes »

Maybe a screen-shot of what you currently display... and then some type of notation on it would be a good thing... in that way all would know exactly what you need?
See: Posting_a_screenshot_on_the_forum.
Posting a screenshot on the forum - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Use a compressed image format like .png or .jpg and please do not post large images that break the forum layout, use thumbnails instead or only post a link.
If you need a place to host a screenshot... Note the "Uploading for general use" section of the document.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

mhein wrote:Hello All,
I'm running the latest version of Firefox and would like to personalize the text in the Title Menu (i.e. "Mozilla Firefox).
I seem to remember doing just this a long time ago using the about:config feature in Firefox, but cannot remember were this feature is controlled!
Any help would be greatly appreciated... Mark
This page says
"How to Change Title Menu Text-mozillazine forums - mozilla firefox"
and mine says "Post a reply..."
How much more descriptive can it be? It's the structure decided by Windows, not Firefox. Every program has similar title menus.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
alexz

Post by alexz »

you probaly mean the title on top left. try this addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
mhein

Post by mhein »

Hi alexz,
Your add-on suggestion was precisely one of the options I was looking for.... unfortunately (after having used your link) I was told that Firefox was refusing to install it. I'm guessing it's a safety measure built into the latest version which tells it not to install it.
I'm now on the way to the Firefox site's add-on section to see if one WILL work...
Many thanks to everyone for your thoughts.....
God Bless.....Mark Hein
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

You'll be losing it in November with v.57, unless you can find a compatible one that's equivalent.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network