Keyword -> multiple search engines, results in multiple tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Adolf Stalin

Keyword -> multiple search engines, results in multiple tabs

Post by Adolf Stalin »

Is that possible?

For instance, I want to type "rfv speakers" in the search bar, press enter and see 7 tabs open, each one loading search results for the word "speakers" just like with a single engine keyword search. It would be VERY convenient.
Reflective

Re: Keyword -> multiple search engines, results in multiple

Post by Reflective »

Google that search string and you'll get 143,000 results. That should tell you why what you asking for is impossible.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

There are metasearch engines which do that. You can access them from a bookmark, not a Firefox feature.
This is one that's been around many years: http://www.dogpile.com/support/Metasearch

and these: http://www.searchengineguide.com/pages/General/Meta/
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on September 22nd, 2017, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
rocco.xyz

Post by rocco.xyz »

I don't know if you can assign a keyword for that, but there is an extension that can do that and more.
It is called "Organize Search Engines".
Take a look at this post I made a few weeks ago, there is a video where I show briefly how it works, it has the option "Open All in Tabs" that does what you want to do (multiple searches on multiple tabs) but, again, doesn't have the option to assign a keyword to a multiple search.
Unfortunately, this extension is most likely to stop working in version 56, because it uses the old search bar.

Regards. :)