Firefox 55.0.3 breaks Fox Now!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BDProductions

Firefox 55.0.3 breaks Fox Now!

Post by BDProductions »

Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
Lenovo Ideapad 310 - A10 APU
Fully up to date, no updates the past few days, except Firefox this morning when I finally accepted the update.

I played a few episodes yesterday, then after installing the 55.0.3 update today it broke usage of Fox Now.

Specifically it now puts a vertical translucent yellow bar down the web page, about 50-75 pixels wide, top to bottom, as well as severe offset to the red portion of the video playing. (I am not impressed)

IE/Edge browsers play shows fine windowed, but glitch full screen if the pointer isn't moved often enough. Completely different issue for Edge.

YouTube seems to also no longer work.
I see when Fox Now loads videos they seem to come from a YouTube url.

It would be nice to be able to watch tonight's episode of The Orville some time in the next week... hope y'all can fix the problem introduced in 55.0.3.

thanks,
BDP
James

Re: Firefox 55.0.3 breaks Fox Now!

Post by James »

BDProductions wrote:YouTube seems to also no longer work.

hope y'all can fix the problem introduced in 55.0.3.
Many people who have been having YouTube videos issues of late with Firefox 55 were due to some YouTube related extensions they had installed.

mozillaZine is not Mozilla. http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

It's time we removed this part of our mission statement:
"...but we love them just the same."
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

BDProductions wrote:It would be nice to ...
Jeeze, I hate that damn phrase.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

BDProductions wrote:hope y'all can fix the problem introduced in 55.0.3.
We are a user support group not Mozilla; therefore, we DO NOT FIX anything. Also, I have no trouble with Fox Now using FF55.0.3.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
therube

Post by therube »

Does Safe Mode make any difference?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
BDProductions

Post by BDProductions »

Didn't need safe mode.

The update to Firefox 55.0.3 seems to have broken Dark YouTube Theme 4.1.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction, James and therube!

RobertJ: Thank you for letting me know you have no trouble with FF 55.0.3 and YouTube. This section of the forums is listed as "Board index ‹ Mozilla Firefox ‹ Firefox Support" in my browser, and I would think it is frequented by at least one developer of Mozilla's excellent Firefox browser who might care enough to see if the issue was common. Your reply let me know that at least you had no issue with YouTube using the current version of Firefox. That was helpful.

Frank Lion: I really didn't need to know you dislike phrases beginning with "It would be nice to..."
At least you didn't call anyone any names, but, It would be nice if your comments were constructive towards a helpful answer regarding issues people are asking about.
Maybe future responses to queries for help should contain text that can generally be considered constructive towards the OP's needs?
I thank you anyway... it reminded me that in instances like this I should have stuck to just the facts such as I perceived them.

We can consider this issue closed. Dark YouTube Theme 4.1 doesn't get along with the FF 55.0.3 update. I can now ask the author to do something about it.

Hopefully this short thread will help someone else who uses the same group of software I choose to use.

BDP
James

Post by James »

BDProductions wrote:This section of the forums is listed as "Board index ‹ Mozilla Firefox ‹ Firefox Support" in my browser, and I would think it is frequented by at least one developer of Mozilla's excellent Firefox browser who might care enough to see if the issue was common.
Maybe before 2008 yes. You are more likely to see devs hanging out in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, Mozilla newsgroups, various channels on irc.mozilla.org and at Mozilla's own support forum for desktop Firefox and more recently some other apps at support.mozilla.org/questions/ before coming here. Before 2007/2008 Mozilla did make use of this forum for people looking for desktop Firefox help before they started on support.mozilla.org site.

You may think then why is forums.mozillazine.org still being used. Well it has been provided by a generous individual and has been a good place for desktop Firefox support and also for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey (especially) support. Also been a place for Extensions and complete Theme authors to have their support threads. Also a place for Firefox builds testers to hang out (in Firefox Builds). Mozilla only provided a place for Thunderbird at SUMO back in April 2015 (not certain on date and not going to look) even though Thunderbird has not been a Mozilla product for a while now.

again http://www.mozillazine.org/about/ and also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MozillaZine
toolong

Post by toolong »

Gee Frank. He told you!! :-)

You 'guys' do realize that posts like this one are going to continue and the post count is going to rise?

<sigh>
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

The Tinsmith wrote:Gee Frank. He told you!! :-)
In the only way the perpetually defensive ever can, in the usual 200 word 'rebuttal' to a mere 6 word post.

I knew this thread was already solved before I posted . http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14767263
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)