Google UK Search

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Wizard_Magic_Spell

Google UK Search

Post by Wizard_Magic_Spell »

The problem I'm about to explain only occurs with Google.co.uk using Firefox. (I have tried Google.com/.ca and others, and the problem is not there, however, I need to use .co.uk for my online searches).
After conducting a dozen searches in the Google search bar, the search suggestions stop appearing. The only way to get back search suggestions is
to Clear All History. But again, after a dozen Google searches, the suggestions stop appearing. This problem also occurs using Firefox in Safe Mode. It has also continued to misbehave
using a new Firefox Profile. It matters not what version of Firefox I am using (currently 56.0 for Mac), this problem refuses to go away.
I have Firefox preferences set to allow search suggestions.
Using Google.co.uk as my default search address using any other browser/any other search engine does not produce any such problems. It is just GoogleUK on Firefox.
Any suggestions, anyone, please?
Vitesse

Re: Google UK Search

Post by Vitesse »

What happens if you toggle browser.search.suggest.enabled in about:config to true?
Wizard_Magic_Spell

Re: Google UK Search

Post by Wizard_Magic_Spell »

Hi Vitesse,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, the browser.search.suggest.enabled is set to true as default - and always has been.